Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Circle of Three

I've been having some problems managing my daughter abigail so now I am currently staying at child care with her ... full time!!!
What's so painful is that I am paying her fees, yet am not actually getting out.

We spoke with the community nurse and it seems that since we spent the last 8 weeks on holidays with her, she now knows what she's missing - both parents 24 x 7!!!

So this means we basically have to "wean" her off her dependency off us. What the childcare centre will do is get a full time assistant to look after her, this is what is called a "circle of three" - the child, the parent and the carer.
We three play together and she get's used to us both. Then one of us ( me I hope :-) can leave so she still has that comfort of a regular adult with her.

Fortunately, the NSW government will help fund 100hrs of this persons time. All we need is a doctors referral or a letter from the community & health service at camperdown.

wish me luck!

No comments: